- Photo by David Eun (@Eunner)
- NTSB pieces together final moments before Asiana Flight 214 crashed in San Francisco
- CNN: The two people who died in the Asiana Airlines crash in San Francisco were Chinese girls, said Yoon Young-doo, the airline’s CEO. Both were in their mid-teens. The other 305 people aboard flight 214 survived, authorities say. Officials said that 182 people were taken to hospitals for treatment.
- RT @AsianaAirlines: Here’s an official press release. For further information regarding OZ213/214, please contact 800-227-4262.
- RT @AsianaAirlines: [ATTN] New contact # for any inquiries regarding the incident of flight OZ214 on Sat. 07/06. Please contact 1-855-422-7214
- Local coverage by KTVU
- CNN: New video shows moment of impact of Asiana Airlines Flight 214 at SFO.
- Phone numbers for family & friends of #SFO PLANE crash victims 1-800-227-4262 in Korea 080-669-8000
Good to Know
- Listen to Asiana 214 traffic with SFO Tower, July 6, 2013
- Asiana says pilot of crashed plane was in training
- FlightAware data for AAR 214.Yesterday (safe) vs today (crash). Steeper descent today
- ABC: Asiana crash survivor says announcement claimed the plane had landed safely
- How to Handle an Emergency Landing
- There had been no fatalities on U.S. commercial jetliners for 4 years before SFO crash
Who to follow on Twitter
- Travel Twitter Handles to Follow
- @flySFO: 2 runways are open. Pls check with your airline for arrival and departure info.
- Flight Delay Information – Air Traffic Control System Command Center
- Flight Trackers
- Contact your airline — AirlineNumbers.com
- Need a hotel in SF? HotelTonight.com, Expedia, Priceline
- Live Flight Tracker ✈ San Francisco Intl Airport
- Did the Asiana plane crash make you nervous to fly? Your odds of surviving a crash are better than ever
- Flight delays continue in crash aftermath
- Video: NTSB chair: Asiana flight’s ‘speed was slow’
Asiana 214 Crashes at SFO, and the Airport Remains a Mess
- Fifteen passenger airplane crash survival tips
- After Crash, Asiana Flight Attendants Hailed as Heroes
- Email from a United crew holding short of the runway as the Asiana B-777 approached
- Crisis Management Study by @simpliflying
- Video: Interview I did with Leo Laporte about crash minutes after it happened.