A little while back, I told you about the Barclaycard Arrival Plus (TM) World Elite MasterCard® and its 40,000-bonus-mile offer (here are the details). I even signed up for the card myself because it’s a great card and basically free money ($400) if you can commit to paying your credit card bills off each time.
This month (or at least this week), I’m featuring Lufthansa’s Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard®—as it right now comes with a bonus of up to 35,000 miles that can be redeemed for flight awards and upgrades on Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS and other Star Alliance airlines including United.
I was originally going to tell you about this card last month, when it was first released. But I couldn’t, because just a couple days later the bank pulled it! I guess too many people took advantage of the generous 35,000 mile sign-up bonus. The good news is it’s back on the table (for now). Hopefully it won’t disappear too soon this time. UPDATE: As of July 1, 2014, it’s still on the table!
For an idea of what you can do with 35,000 award miles, how about this: You can redeem for a round-trip award flight to Hawaii, Europe or the Caribbean! Full disclosure: Some of the credit card companies do pay me a referral fee, but as always I wouldn’t recommend something unless I believed in it. This one is worth it.
You can read about the benefits and how it works on the card’s page but here they are in a nutshell, as of July 1, 2014:
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn up to 15,000 award miles with balance transfers (1 mile per $1 transferred) within 30 days of account opening
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners
- Earn 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Annual Complimentary Companion Ticket after first purchase, then annually thereafter
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside the U.S.
- Redeem miles for flight awards and upgrades on Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Star Alliance airlines and other partners
- $79 Annual Fee, waived for SEN and HON Circle Members (please see Terms and Conditions on the card page for complete details)
Please note that JohnnyJet.com has financial relationships with some of the merchants mentioned here. JohnnyJet.com may be compensated if consumers choose to utilize the links located throughout the content on this site and generate sales for the said merchant.