I rarely fly US Airways, but that didn’t stop me from signing up for their credit card recently—the US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®. That’s because a lot of the credit card bloggers I follow highly recommended it and I was immediately approved. I know it doesn’t seem to make much sense, since the US Airways brand is going away next year when it fully merges with American Airlines, but here’s why I signed up. You get:
- 40,000 bonus miles after first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee. That’s huge since most credit cards make you spend between $1,000 – $5,000 to get their big bonus. Not only that 40,000 miles is enough for a round trip ticket from the east coast to Hawaii. So that was a good enough reason for me but there’s more.
- One companion certificate good for up to two guests on US Airways operated flights at $99 each (plus taxes and fees).
- First checked bag FREE on eligible bags for you and up to 4 companions on domestic US Airways operated flights. I don’t check bags but if you do, then that’s a good reason.
- Priority Boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights. That’s key to get your carry-on bags on the plane.
- Earn 2X miles on all US Airways purchases and 1X miles on all other purchases. This one doesn’t really matter to me since I rarely fly US Airways.
- Check in at the First Class counter for all of 2014. Gotta love that!
- One complimentary US Airways Club day pass.
- Redeem flights for 5,000 fewer miles on US Airways. Love this too.
“Please note that JohnnyJet.com has financial relationships with some of the merchants mentioned here. JohnnyJet.com may be compensated if consumers choose to utilize the links located throughout the content on this site and generate sales for the said merchant.”