If you ask any savvy frequent traveler to list his or her top three travel credit cards, chances are good that the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card will be on that list. Chances are very good, actually. Different travelers have different lists, and have different allegiances to different brands, of course—yet still, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is almost uniformly loved by the travel world. What makes this card so special, you ask?
Check out the bullet points below:
- Earn 40,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $500 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards™.
- Earn 5,000 additional bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel.
- 1:1 point transfer to participating frequent travel programs at full value—that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points.
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
As you can see, this card rocks, and there are so many reasons why. Personally, my favorite feature is the fact that it has a chip because it makes it so much easier to travel internationally. Many businesses and public transit machines, especially in Europe, now require credit cards with chips. I missed a train once in Copenhagen because I had to stand in a long line to buy a ticket from a teller instead of using a machine that required a chip.
Plus, there are no foreign transactions fees, the low annual fee is waived for the first year, and earning a huge number of points is very realistic (up to 45,000 points after opening your account, adding the first authorized user, and spending $3,000 in the first three months—one of the highest available right now). As a traveler, it’s easy to love this card—and it belongs on everyone’s list. Check out more on the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (and if you’re interested, apply) here.
*Advertiser Disclosure: The credit card offers that appear on this site are from credit card companies from which JohnnyJet.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). JohnnyJet.com does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. Please see the online credit card application for additional product details. While efforts are made to maintain accurate information, all credit card information is presented without warranty.
*Editorial Disclosure: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
*The comments below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.