Hurricane Sandy is fast approaching the eastern seaboard of the United States. We are thinking of everyone in the path of the storm and we hope this resource page helps you stay up-to-date on the latest news and makes your travels smoother.
AIRLINE TRAVEL POLICIES
Airline-by-airline list of weather waivers
Alaska | American | Delta | Frontier | JetBlue | Southwest | Spirit | United
US Airways | Virgin America | Every Airline Website and Phone Number
TOP SANDY STORIES
- All NYC Airports are CLOSED. No date/time known when the airport is expected to reopen
- Airlines cancel over 15,000 flights
- Atlantic City evacuates, closes casinos, faces flooding
- Most major New York City bridges to close at 7:00 p.m.
Advertisement: Best Travel Credit Cards.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Call 311 not 911 for downed trees and flooding. 911 should only be dialed for true emergencies.
- WSJ-What Grounded Travelers Can—and Can’t—Do
- Strategies for storm-tossed travelers
- How to get refunded for a flight during a hurricane
- Flight Delay Information – Air Traffic Control System Command Center
- Flight Trackers
- Google’s Crisis Map for Sandy
- Every Hotel Website and Phone #
- Every Car Rental Website and Phone #
- Every Cruise Line Website and Phone #
- Why does full moon affect Sandy at high tide?
WHO TO FOLLOW ON TWITTER
Live Airline Twitter Feed | Huge Travel Twitter Resource Page | @PANYNJ | @NHC_Atlantic
@BreakingStorm | @WeatherChannel | @RedCross | @ASPCA | @FEMA | @AlRoker | @WunderGround
HOW TO HELP
How to help after Sandy
NEED TRAVEL ASSISTANCE?
Cranky Concierge Air Travel Assistance
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.