As anyone who is a frequent flyer knows, there are a lot of fees that come with every add on to your base fare. Want to check a bag? Almost every carrier will charge you for it these days. Want to guarantee you’re one of the first people on the plane? It’s going to cost you.With more and more customers voicing their negative opinions about all the added costs associated with travel, airlines are beginning to listen. American Airlines recently announced a new booking experience on AA.com that displays additional travel options that will give their customers a chance to save money by paying a lump sum for fees and services upfront.
The new AA.com booking path displays round-trip pricing and the ability to quickly see fare choices that include additional features, such as no change fee, one checked bag, priority boarding, standby flexibility, earning more American Airlines AAdvantage miles, or other benefits. These new choices, initially offered for travel in the 48 contiguous United States, also enable AAdvantage elite status members to receive new features that go above and beyond their current elite benefits.
American’s round-trip travel options now include:
- Choice: The lowest fare available in the Main Cabin that gives customers the flexibility to purchase additional products a la carte.
- Choice Essential: No change fee, one checked bag (or third checked bag for AAdvantage elite and oneworld® elite members) and Group 1 Boarding for an additional $68 round-trip.
- Choice Plus: No change fee, one checked bag (or third checked bag for AAdvantage elite and oneworld elite customers), Group 1 Boarding, 50 percent AAdvantage mileage bonus, Same-Day Flight Change, Same-Day Standby, and a premium beverage, such as an alcoholic beverage onboard for an additional $88 round-trip.
- Fully Flexible: Refundable fare, two checked bags, Main Cabin Extra/Preferred Seats, PriorityAAccess, Same-Day Flight Change, Same-Day Standby, and 500-Mile Upgrade eligibility (upgrades available after AAdvantage elite status members have been confirmed).
- Business/First: The lowest Business Class or First Class fare, including Instant Upgrade fares, is visible on the Lowest Fare tab. Customers booking Business and First Class fares will receive all the benefits they have come to appreciate, including priority baggage handling, up to three checked bags and PriorityAAccess.
Booking any of these new fares is simple, and as easy as a few quick clicks:
- Select your desired flights on the new AA.com booking interface, designed to easily guide you through the process.
- Browse the available fares and new options and choose the combination that best suits your travel needs.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.