With both Mother’s and Father’s Day around the corner, I’m looking for cool products to add to my annual gift guides. I think the TomTom Adventurer GPS Outdoor Watch ($297 on Amazon) might make the cut for a number of reasons, including the facts that it’s good-looking and water-resistant (up to 40 meters). It has all kinds of cool functions like the ability to always showing you the path you took, so you can find your way back to your starting point.
Other selling points:
- It’s ideal for outdoor adventurists as it has special modes for hiking, trail-running, skiing, and snowboarding
- There’s a built-in heart rate monitor that allows you to track your pulse without a chest strap
- There’s a GPS, a compass and barometer tracking so you can see real-time info like altitude, 3-D distance, speed, and pace on your wrist
- It has automatic lift detection that lets you see the max speed, descent and max gradient of your last ski or snowboard run as you go up the lift
- It tracks your sleep patterns
- There’s an integrated music player (3 GB)
TomTom has also partnered with the National Park Foundation, and this week during National Park Week (April 15 to 23) you can buy the watch for 15% off—with $5 going to the National Park Foundation.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.