It’s rare that I’m home for a prolonged period of time; rarer still that I watch television. But now that my wife and I are expecting our first child, we’ve slowed down our travels and have been taking things at a slower pace at home. It’s been nice and it was great to be home to watch the Olympics in Rio. I think I watched more Olympic sports over the past two weeks than I have in many years. I loved cheering on the US team and watching the triumphs of athletes from all over the world!
And there were some good commercials this year, too. Since the Olympics are such a huge marketing opportunity, many brands pull out all the stops with their advertising and some commercials were really well done. Some were funny (my wife especially loved AT&T’s ‘Keep Calm Your Internet’s On’ spots; scroll down to watch) while others were touching and inspiring. Here are the 10 commercials I loved most from the Rio 2016 Olympics.
1 University of Phoenix ‘Still I Rise’ commercial
2 Nike ‘Unlimited Together’ commercial
3 AT&T ‘Keep Calm Your Internet’s On’ commercial
4 Samsung ‘The Chant’ commercial
5 Coca Cola ‘Gold Feelings’ commercial
6 P&G ‘Thank You Mom’ commercial
7 United ‘One Journey, Two Teams’ commercial
8 Enterprise Rent-a-Car ‘One Giant Rollout’ commercial
9 Visa ‘The Carpool to Rio’ commercial
10 Olympic ‘Together’ commercial
Which was your favorite Olympic commercial?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.