It’s rare that I’m home for a prolonged period of time; rarer still that I watch television. But now that my wife and I are expecting our first child, we’ve slowed down our travels and have been taking things at a slower pace at home. It’s been nice and it was great to be home to watch the Olympics in Rio. I think I watched more Olympic sports over the past two weeks than I have in many years. I loved cheering on the US team and watching the triumphs of athletes from all over the world!
And there were some good commercials this year, too. Since the Olympics are such a huge marketing opportunity, many brands pull out all the stops with their advertising and some commercials were really well done. Some were funny (my wife especially loved AT&T’s ‘Keep Calm Your Internet’s On’ spots; scroll down to watch) while others were touching and inspiring. Here are the 10 commercials I loved most from the Rio 2016 Olympics.
1 University of Phoenix ‘Still I Rise’ commercial
2 Nike ‘Unlimited Together’ commercial
3 AT&T ‘Keep Calm Your Internet’s On’ commercial
4 Samsung ‘The Chant’ commercial
5 Coca Cola ‘Gold Feelings’ commercial
6 P&G ‘Thank You Mom’ commercial
7 United ‘One Journey, Two Teams’ commercial
8 Enterprise Rent-a-Car ‘One Giant Rollout’ commercial
9 Visa ‘The Carpool to Rio’ commercial
10 Olympic ‘Together’ commercial
Which was your favorite Olympic commercial?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.