It’s the biggest urban resort in Bermuda, with more than 400 rooms, and rates start at $468/night. The Fairmont Hamilton Princess has been hosting guests since 1885 when it was called “The Princess,” in honour of Queen Victoria’s fourth daughter Princess Louise.
10 reasons to stay at The Fairmont Hamilton Princess
As a guest at The Fairmont Hamilton Princess, I enjoyed the hotel’s proximity to restaurants, shops and bars. The hotel is in Hamilton, Bermuda’s capital city; a 30-minute drive to/from the airport.
2. Two outdoor pools
Freshwater or saltwater? You have a choice.
3. The Fairmont Gold lounge
A luxury upgrade starting at $333/night, Fairmont Gold membership gets you a daily complimentary continental breakfast, high tea and appetizers, non-alcoholic drinks and exclusive concierge services.
There’s also a well-stocked bar that runs on an honor system – take what you want and sign to have it charged to your room.
4. The Heritage Court restaurant
Enjoy the garden and sky view from The Heritage Court’s http://www.fairmont.com/hamilton-bermuda/dining/heritage-court/ large windows.
For a late lunch, I ordered an apple juice ($5) and a sandwich with a chicken breast substitute instead of fish ($18). Note: The bill includes a 17% gratuity.
The sandwich came with fries that were cooked to perfection — hot and soft on the inside and deliciously crispy on the outside.
5. The courtyard garden
Ducks, koi fish, a wooden bridge and bronze water sculptures are some of the charms you’ll find while out for a walk on the grounds.
6. The heavenly harbor view
Walk along the harbor and then rest in the comfort of an Adirondack chair. You’ll find that life slows down just enough so you can truly enjoy the view.
7. The private ferry to The Fairmont Southampton
Take the exclusive ferry to The Fairmont Southampton and enjoy a sunset cruise. Then spend the day on their private beach or dine at The Dock at The Fairmont Southampton’s Waterlot Inn.
8. Access to The Fairmont Southampton’s private beach
The clear waters, the water sports, the soft sand beneath your feet and a refreshing strawberry daiquiri ($11) … aah!
9. The comfy bed and the stylish room
A calm color palette of soothing blue and sandy beige is the perfect place to lay your weary head. Some of my best sleeps while travelling happened here.
10. The toiletries
What can I say? It’s all in the details. I enjoyed the floral woodsy scent of Rose 31 shampoo and conditioner.
Tip: City seekers and business travellers might prefer a stay at The Fairmont Hamilton Princess for its central location. Beach bums might prefer a stay at The Fairmont Southampton, with a shuttle bus to their private beach across the street from the hotel grounds. Fairmont guests can enjoy the amenities at either hotel.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.