Happy Memorial Day!
Looking for value when you travel? What about when you retire? This quick slideshow-style roundup of places to retire from Espresso via MSN highlights 30 countries offering great value right now for retirees—and indirectly all travelers. Among them:
- Guatemala, where “a one-bedroom furnished apartment in the Spanish colonial town of Antigua, a popular expat haven, costs about $300 a month. According to the Balance, a couple can live quite comfortably on $1,500 a month, which includes a gardener and house cleaner, regular massages, and three-course meals for just $20, as well as other small luxuries.”
- Malta, where “utility bills in the capital average about $97 a month for two people, and a furnished, 900-square-foot apartment is about $1,024. Groceries for two average about $354 a month. Though more expensive than some of the other countries in this slideshow, Malta is ranked by the World Health Organization at No. 5 out of 190 countries in terms of its healthcare system.
- Portugal, where “a couple can live on roughly $2,200 a month in Lisbon or closer to $1,700 a month in a smaller city such as Vila Nova de Famalicão. Utility bills in Lisbon average about $129 a month for two people, and a furnished, 900-square-foot apartment is about $992, but can be as low as $375 in the interior. The World Health Organization also ranks Portugal as No. 12 out of 190 countries in terms of its healthcare system.”
See the post here for the full list of 30 potential places to retire.
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,457!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.