Short bio: Ashley Colburn is a two-time Emmy award winning television producer and host. Ashley specializes in producing and hosting travel documentaries highlighting the wonder in the world. Whether she is bungee jumping in New Zealand or climbing the Matterhorn in Switzerland, there isn’t much she won’t do!
YouTube: Ashley Colburn
Hometown: Fallbrook, CA
College: Colorado State University
College major: Broadcast journalism
How are you doing with quarantine? See video
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? See video
How many countries have you been to? 60
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: See video 5:52
Favorite American city: Miami
Favorite international city: Barcelona
Friendliest people in the world: Mexico
Country with the meanest immigration officers: U.K.
I have no desire to go to: Back to India
Favorite U.S. airport: San Diego
Favorite international airport: Doha
Sat next to any famous celebs: Nope
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Wine
Favorite restaurant: See video 11:21
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Balut
Favorite hotel: Dhara Dhevi in Chiang Mai
Favorite travel credit card: United Explorer Card (Read our Chase United Explorer review here)
Favorite island: Seychelles
Favorite beach: Seychelles
Favorite travel movie: My Life in Ruins
Favorite travel show: Parts Unknown
Favorite travel book: Book of Joy
Worst travel moment: Swimming in Mexico (15:45)
Most embarrassing travel moment: Not being able to pronounce certain foreign words on camera
What’s your dream destination? Israel
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: We’re all so similar
Best travel tip: See video 18:15
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.