College: UMass Amherst
College major: To become a history teacher
How are you doing with quarantine? See video 1:44
When or what will it take to get you to fly again? Probably not until late summer
How many miles do you fly a year or have flown? No idea
How many countries have you been to? Just over 100
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: When I was around 10 years old fighting with my dad in Colonial Williamsburg
Favorite American city: NYC
Favorite international city: Paris, Bangkok, Hong Kong
Friendliest people in the world: They’re all friendly
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Canada
Favorite U.S. airport: Seattle
Favorite international airport: Singapore Changi
Favorite airport lounge: Lufthansa First Class Terminal
Favorite aircraft type: A350
Favorite plane seat: Japan Airlines First Class
Sat next to any famous celebs: Paul McCartney sat behind me once on a LAX-NYC flight
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Wine
Favorite restaurant: Yuba in NYC
Craziest thing you’ve eaten: Fried maggots in Thailand
Favorite hotel: W Hotels
Favorite hostel: Gallery Hostel in Porto
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Sapphire Reserve (Read our Chase Sapphire Reserve review here)
Favorite island: Ko Lanta
Favorite beach: Lipa Noi
Favorite travel movie(s): A Map for Saturday
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations
Favorite travel book(s): Mine (How to Travel the World on $50 a Day and Ten Years a Nomad) and Sunburn Country by Bill Bryson
Worst travel moment: Getting stabbed in Colombia
Most embarrassing travel moment: See video
What’s your dream destination? Mongolia
What’s the most important thing travel has taught you: See video 13:18
Best travel tip: See video 15:20
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.