A recent AARP survey found that 32% of women and 22% of men identified “health and fitness” as their number-one goal in the new year. Well, if you’re 50-plus, here’s a great way to kick off 2016 healthy—and right: AARP’s Dining Out Month. The return of this popular promotion means that everyone with an AARP membership can snag exclusive dining deals the entire month of January. Here are a few of the top options (along with health benefits!) highlighted this month (all available across the country):
Not only do AARP members get 15% off all in-store purchases, but sweetFrog’s froyo is also gluten-free, low-fat, rich in B12, and probiotic.
2. Bonefish Grill
Eating fish can be a great way to stay fit because research shows it’s not only a “brain food,” but it’s also good for your heart and your total-body wellness. AARP members get 15% off all meals, every day. Bonefish even has meals with as little as 220 calories!
Guests receive 15% off all meals every day at al Denny’s locations, as well. Denny’s has a special “Over 55” menu with some popular breakfast, lunch and dinner items. Check out the “Fit Flare” options with egg whites and wheat pancakes for staying trim and healthy.
4. Schwan’s Home Service
There’s even a dine-in option with Schwan’s Home Service for $20 off the first order. Schwan has “LiveSmart” meals with low-calorie, heart-healthy meal options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. They can be delivered right to the house—a great option if you prefer to stay in.
5. Silver Cuisine by bistroMD
Silver Cuisine is another dine-in option with chef-prepared meals designed by physicians for the 50-plus crowd. Meals can be designed with low-sodium, gluten-free, heart-healthy, and diabetic diets. There are many options on the menu from three-cheese penne pasta to white bean chili to Italian-style omelets.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.