I recently visited San Francisco with my family and we stayed at the Four Seasons San Francisco. When you check into a Four Seasons hotel, expectations are high and this newly renovated property did not disappoint! Here are 5 reasons to stay at the Four Seasons San Francisco:
If you’re looking for a hotel right in the heart of the action in San Francisco, the Four Seasons is an excellent choice. Located on Market Street, the hotel offers easy access to so much of what the city has to offer, so where you go all depends on what you’re looking for. Natalie, Jack and I had a great breakfast at The Grove, just around the corner from the hotel (try the warm cinnamon roll bread pudding!) and just steps from there are the Yerba Buena Gardens, a tranquil retreat of landscaped lawns, colorful gardens and soothing waterfalls. The Museum of Ice Cream is right across the street from the hotel but we couldn’t get last-minute tickets (you can buy them here) and Chinatown is a pleasant 15-minute walk away. Plus, there’s all kinds of shopping nearby – from the high end shopping of Union Square to the CVS, a three-minute walk away.
The redesigned rooms
The hotel’s 277 guestrooms and suites have been renovated and redesigned so it feels like a brand spanking new hotel … as well it should after a $20 million transformation! The hotel opened its doors 16 years ago and it was time for a change. They’ve upped the luxury factor (love the marble bathrooms and deep soaking tubs) and the overall modern aesthetic and cool and calming color palette create a tranquil escape from the bustle of the city down below.
Now that we have a toddler, my wife and I are always on the lookout for travel experiences that combine luxury with family-friendly living, a combo that’s not always easy to find. The Four Seasons delivered and then some! When we walked into our room, the first thing we noticed was that every sharp corner had been child-proofed with a cushioned, fabric covering. We usually travel with rubber bumpers that we can put on table corners but it was nice to have it already done for us. There was a beautiful welcome gift for Jack (all young guests to the hotel are greeted with a gift from the toy wagon at the front desk) as well as a crib with diapers, shampoo, soap and lotion. When you book your stay, be sure to provide the hotel with the names and ages of your children so that they can prepare welcome milk and cookies, child-size robes and complimentary children’s toiletries. Because of their focus on family-friendly service, the concierge at the Four Seasons San Francisco is always ready to help you make arrangements, from suggesting kid-friendly things to do in the city to helping you book a babysitter.
They have a Tesla house car
The Four Seasons San Francisco has a Tesla house car for guests and since this is probably the only way I’ll get to experience a Tesla, I’ll take it! It’s the perfect marriage of luxury and eco-consciousness, especially for the guest who’s concerned about their carbon footprint. Love it!
California cuisine at MKT Restaurant-Bar
After a long day, my wife loves to take a shower, put on a robe and order room service so that’s what we did and the food we ordered from MKT Restaurant – Bar, the on-site restaurant, was delicious! But when you’re looking for a hot spot to hit for dinner, you don’t need to look any further than the fifth floor of the hotel. MKT Restaurant – Bar has panoramic views of downtown San Francisco and Market Street down below. It’s a local watering hole for locals and visitors alike and is one of the city’s top spots for power breakfasts, lunches and dinners. You’ll love the locally sourced ingredients, the sustainable seafood and the tasty handcrafted cocktails.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.