Jetsetters, we’ve been all been diagnosed. In fact, it’s an epidemic.
The Layover Lull: n. A temporary, stagnant interval due to a lack of activity. v. To send to sleep- most of the times an uncomfortable slumber- typically brought on by the continuous droning background noises of the movements of people through a busy airport terminal.
Our goal is to rid the population of the “Lull” all together- at least here in Los Angeles. Far enough from the gate to breathe some fresh air but close enough you won’t miss your connection, the following 5 suggestions are fun ways to pass time during your layover at LAX.
1. Enjoy the Southern California weather and visit Burton W. Chace Park, a popular, 10-acre park surrounded by the Pacific Ocean and magnificent boats. The charming park is filled with lush lawn and trees and frequented by several Hollywood starlets including those on the Fox’s hit TV show The O.C. Burton Chace Park offers picnic tables, shelters, and lots of green grass, the perfect place for a good ol’ stretch before a long flight.
2. Want to impress your Facebook and Twitter friends? Stroll through Fisherman’s Village Swing to capture a new profile pic. A 1970s’ era replica of a New England seaport and fishing town, Fisherman’s Village features brightly painted wooden buildings, a waterfront promenade, a lighthouse, water fountain, and commercial boat docks. The unique setting serves as the perfect backdrop for many photo shoots and was regularly featured on Fox’s hit show- Arrested Development.
3. Got a while until your next flight? Roll up your sleeves and check out Marina Del Rey’s Salt Marsh and Dunes Interpretive Tour. Sponsored by the Friends of Ballona Wetlands, this free guided experience will visit the salt marsh, dunes, native plants and showcase more than 200 species of birds.
4. Ditch the terminal food and grab a cab to Cafe del Rey. This casually elegant gem boasts an innovative California Mediterranean cuisine in a contemporary, open dining room with views of the harbor from just about every table. The restaurant’s Wine Spectator award-winning wine list offers more than 340 selections to go with cutting-edge dishes that change with the seasons, like truffle-topped thin-crusted pizzas, a salad of frisée with banyuls vinegar topped with duck prosciutto and fresh fish.
5. Whether you are on your way home from a vacation or en route to begin one, don’t let your layover keep you from making memories you’ll never forget. Marina del Rey Parasailing provides a fun and safe activity the entire family can enjoy. Choose their “500 foot standard package” and enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach Boardwalk. The adrenaline junkie of the group can pay $10 more and experience their“800 foot Magnum Flight package.”
Destination information courtesy of: Blaze PR
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.