Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and that means that one of the busiest stretches of travel all year has already begun. AAA has predicted that 54.3 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles from home at some point during the long weekend, which would be the most since 2005!
In an effort to help all the current and future travelers out there, my buddy Spud Hilton put together a post for the San Francisco Chronicle with seven tips for surviving Thanksgiving travel. “If you’re planning on driving,” he says, “particularly on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Sunday after, you’ll be sharing the highway (aka the ‘linear parking lot’) with 48.5 million others, more than the population of Spain.” But that doesn’t mean you can’t lessen the stress by traveling smart. Check out Spud’s Thanksgiving travel tips here—and look out for my advice in tip #2!
And please note…The Daily Travel Tip newsletter will be off tomorrow and Friday and pick up again on Monday. Have a happy holiday weekend, and remember to look out for great fares on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving!
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,332!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.