On Sunday night, the closing ceremony of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London celebrated the culmination of two weeks of inspiring, international competition as well as showcased the Square Mile’s festive atmosphere.
In collaboration with Johnny’s recent trip to the City of London and an effort to stir up some friendly competition of our own, we invite you to share a travel tip to one of our favorite cities. The contestant with the most useful tip (specific to London re: accommodations, transportation, food) will win this week’s travel swag bag valued at nearly $100 USD.
How: Complete the following sentence in comment section below. My favorite travel tip for London is _____________. (Please limit to 50 words). Include your name and an email address. Contestants must either suscribe to Johnny’s newsletter or follow him on Facebook or Twitter. All official contest rules apply.
What You’ll Win:
1. Great Britain tote bag ($10)
2. An autographed copy of Dancing in the Fountain, How to Enjoy Living Abroad: Author Karen McCann was a journalist in Ohio for two decades before she picked up one day and moved to Seville, Spain. With wit, humor, and insight, McCann describes her experiences and the realization that moving to Europe and taking a leap of faith doesn’t always involve “buying a crumbling farmhouse and spending years restoring it with wise but semi-literate locals”. The book tells an engaging and realistic tale of how someone can create a modern life very much their own in a new and unfamiliar country. ($13.95)
3. NiceSeats: Designed to make any public seat a little nicer and a bit more comfortable, the NiceSeat is a soft, fabric cover that slips on over a seat in a matter of seconds. The set comes with a seat cover, a travel sized pillow, and an eye mask and reduces the exposure to germs and potential bed bugs (reverse pouch for handy storage and machine washable for easy care). ($24.95)
4. Travel Bags Multi Pack: These “travel bags” are TSA-approved plastic containers for carry ons with a resealable, leak-resistant closure. Perfect for shampoos, toothpaste, gel, lotion, cream, hair spray, and much more! ($14.95)
5. 2 GoGo Inflight Internet sessions: LAX –> JFK ($17 one way), LAX –> PHX ($5 one way)
6. “Trippy” T-shirt: American Apparel T with logo (Men’s Medium).
7. South Coast Plaza Luggage Tag
Why: There is free swag to be had!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.