A couple of years ago, I started noticing my butt getting sore after a couple hours of flying. I thought it was just a me thing, but then my friends started complaining, as well. What the heck was it? I know I didn’t lose weight so that couldn’t have been the problem. Turns out the culprit was the airline(s).
That’s when the airlines started installing the new slimline seats. They are called slimline because they have less padding and bulk, which allows the airlines to pack more seats in. The problem—besides having less legroom—is that the seat cushions are so light (airlines are trying to save on fuel costs) that they really hurt your rear end after a period of time. Sometimes in less than an hour.
So what’s the solution? I used to sit on my sweatshirt when it wasn’t too cold or a pillow if by chance the airline provided one but now there’s a new alternative: the Upgrade Seat.
The Upgrade Seat is a lightweight seat cushion that can be folded in half and easily brought along whenever one travels. It’s made of 100% natural latex rubber so it’s eco-friendly and biodegradable materials. The company says no synthetics were used. It’s also antimicrobial so dust-mite-resistant and mildew-proof. The outer cover is 100% cotton, making the whole thing washable. The Upgrade Seat comes in two sizes, one with 1.5″ padding or a 2″ model. The latter is made of leather so it looks more luxurious. Both are 16″ x 16″. Price ranges from $31 to $66—but of course you can use one over and over again.
Does your butt hurt when flying? Would you use this product? Have you? Let us know in the comments below.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.