On Thursday morning Natalie and I drove to Erie. We left Toronto at 6 a.m. to avoid traffic at the border, which was a great move because we cruised right through. It was the first time that I didn’t have to wait even a second for an empty lane. I monitored the Peace Bridge website most of the day and there wasn’t much traffic nor was there any on Sunday morning when we crossed back over at 10:30 a.m. But there were some delays later Sunday afternoon. Most of the delays were from Canadians taking advantage of Black Friday deals (Thanksgiving in Canada is celebrated the second Monday in October). Highlights in Erie besides seeing my family and eating turkey were playing football with my nephew and Scrabble with my dad and walking on the beach. We got really lucky with the weather–the temps hovered in the low 60s, which is crazy-warm for the end of November. Speaking of crazy-warm, yesterday I was in New York City where the temps reached 67F!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.