US Airways really got me steaming mad Monday night when they left my 80-year-old legally deaf father and his disabled wife behind. They were flying from Erie to West Palm Beach via Philadelphia, and I got a call from the gate agent in PHL stating they didn’t make their connection to Florida and would need to spend the night in a hotel. The agent was really nice and she put them up for free. I was content with that until I looked up the flight status afterwards. It turns out his plane to Florida left early! See the screenshots of both of their flights: Erie to Philadelphia and then Philadelphia to West Palm Beach. They should’ve made it no problem and I even ordered wheelchairs for both since his back sometimes acts up. They can mess with me but not my family. US Airways better make things up by giving them a voucher for a future trip–and most importantly by stopping this practice of leaving early before everyone is on board the last flight out. Instead of leaving seven minutes early, they should’ve left seven minutes late. It’s crazy! Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for leaving early–as long as everyone is already on the plane. Boo, US Airways!
An update on last week’s US Airways debacle – they replied within 24 hours after I emailed them and admitted to their mistake, said they will prevent it from happening again and ended up sending my dad and his wife each a $300 travel voucher. I think that was fair and this ordeal taught me not to contact US Airways via Twitter but rather through their web form.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.