The conference kicked off in style with the “Taste of Vail Resorts TBEX 2012 Welcome Party.” To get to the party at The Outpost (on top of Dercum Mountain which is at 11,444 feet above sea level) required not one but two gondola rides. I wasn’t too excited about this since I’m afraid of heights. The first ride was in the resort’s new 8-passenger gondola that left from River Run Village.
It was really smooth and lasted about 15 minutes. Then we walked to the next one where they had beautiful women waiting with trays of cookies and champagne. This was an older gondola that lasted maybe 10 minutes. All in all it was no big deal and the ride home was even easier since it was pitch black and you couldn’t see anything below.
Vail Resorts, which manages Keystone Resort, did an amazing job with everything… the food, drink, music, and logistics (shuttles ran continuously). Ned Archibald, the Executive Pastry Chef, stole the show with his fairytale dessert tent. There were chocolate fountains for fondue, chocolate animal carvings and best of all, dessert creations you could never even imagine like hamburger cupcakes, chocolate tacos and spaghetti and meatballs made of chocolate. Okay so the last one we could’ve done without! My favorite was his S’mores bars. Wow!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.