The trend of hotels catering to millennial travelers continues to bring fresh-looking hotel lobbies and smart, functional rooms with a local flare across hotel brands.
I recently spoke with Javier Rosenberg, Chief Operating Officer, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, Americas, who discussed Radisson’s new brand refresh. Rosenberg pointed out an interesting way of looking at the millennial traveler from a hospitality perspective. He feels that targeting millennials is overhyped in the hospitality industry.
“We should be looking at the millennial customer from a behavioral perspective instead of just targeting the millennial generation,” said Rosenberg.
Rosenberg makes the point that every traveler—young or young at heart—can have behaviors similar to a millennial’s. We all probably want our hotel to aid us in staying connected, whether that means free internet (internet has always been free at Radisson), mobile check-in or a convenient outlet next to your bed to charge your device (and your child’s device too!).
His point was made well; every age can have “millennial tendencies” without being, well…the age of a millenial. Hotels need to keep up with that behavior as well as not exclude their existing customers by holding employees to strict customer service standards.
Tip: Radisson is part of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group portfolio that also includes the Quorvus Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson Red, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inns & Suites By Carlson.
I checked out three of the newly renovated Radissons and I have to say, they’re pretty nice. Here are the highlights of each hotel; click below for more details on each:
- Part 1: Radisson Admiral Hotel Toronto-Harbourfront — Hardwood floors in room and great oversized showers (actually the whole bathroom was super cool). Oh, and the view from the pool area—magnificent
- Part 2: Radisson Hotel at Cross Keys, Baltimore — Large rooms with high ceilings and a great restaurant with local seafood called Scoozi
- Part 3: Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview — Jaw-dropping panoramic view of Niagara Falls from select rooms and a jacuzzi with, oh yes, that same jaw-dropping view
Tip: Of their 150 Radisson properties in the Americas, 85% of the hotels have completed renovations…so your chances of scoring a nice, new Radisson experience are pretty high. By the end of 2015, the brand says every Radisson hotel will be updated.
All photos courtesy of Caitlin Martin.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.