I’ve seen pictures of lions. I’ve watched nature shows. Still, I had no idea what a lion’s roar out on the African savannah would feel like in my chest until I went on a real African safari. It’s truly a unique experience being out in an open-air Land Cruiser traveling around while so many animals are roaming free around you. The staff at Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara assured me I’d see a lot on my safari and wow, they delivered on that promise.
On my journey, I encountered antelope, buffalo, leopards, hippos, elephants, and my favorite, the warthogs. With no windows or obstructions in my way, I even got a selfie with that roaring lion. What’s really nice about a safari at the Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara is that since it’s located on the Olare Motorogi Conservancy, the safaris and vehicles are limited. That means it’s an exclusive and personal experience, with no lines of cars.
For an extra layer of adventure, try one of the night safaris. Hear the animal sounds all around and see through the vast darkness with the help of an infrared spotlight. This was the most exhilarating part of my safari experience—especially when I watched a pride of lions playing only feet from us. I was incredibly excited to get back to my luxury accommodations and share these once-in-a-lifetime video shots.
Here’s my video safari of the experience—by day and by night:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.