It seems so many travel stories these days are bad news but once in a while, there’s a story that will make you smile. Fortunately, in the last few months, there have been a few stories about family affairs on commercial airlines. For instance, there was Southwest Airlines’ first ever mother-daughter pilot and the same happened yesterday on Hawaiian Airlines. Alaska Airlines recently wrote about their first ever identical twin pilots taking the cockpit together as well.
It’s pretty awesome but I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a whole family flying a commercial plane. Icelandair just posted on their Facebook page about a pilot and four flight attendants who just so happened to be his wife and three daughters.
The caption reads: “Iceland is a small country and that’s why flying can easily become a family affair. It was a once-in-a-lifetime flight for pilot Ingvar, his wife Sigríður and their 3 daughters: They welcomed passengers on their “family trip” between Washington DC and Keflavík. A family that flies together stays together!”
How cool is this? I’ve flown Icelandair multiple times including IAD to KEF or vice versa (I can’t remember) and it was a great flight. But I wish I was on this flight to celebrate the happy occasion.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.