American Airlines today announced plans to outfit its entire mainline fleet with Main Cabin Extra, which will offer more leg room as well as priority boarding. American plans to begin installations this year, and over time will update all of its existing aircraft. New Boeing 737-800 aircraft being delivered to American will come equipped with Main Cabin Extra seating beginning this fall. Anticipated future aircraft, including Airbus A321s, and A319s, and Boeing 777-300ERs and 787s, will also offer Main Cabin Extra.
“Customers traveling in Main Cabin Extra seats will enjoy four to six inches of extra leg room compared to a standard Main Cabin seat, as well as priority boarding privileges,” said Virasb Vahidi, American’s Chief Commercial Officer.
Main Cabin Extra seats will be located in the front portion of the Main Cabin, allowing easier boarding and deplaning. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, and AAdvantage Platinum® members, and customers who purchase a full-fare economy class ticket will receive complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra, subject to availability. Also, AAdvantage Gold® members will receive complimentary access to the new seating product through Dec. 31, 2013. American will continue to reserve a significant portion of Main Cabin Extra seats and other seats in the Main Cabin exclusively for elite customers who can select these seating options at the time of booking up until check-in.
For other customers who wish to purchase Main Cabin Extra, prices will range between $8 and $108 per segment, depending on the length of the flight. Main Cabin Extra will be available for purchase beginning in spring 2012 for travel onboard the 777-300ERs. Customers will be able to reserve these seats on AA.com, at self-service check-in machines, through American Airlines reservations, and through travel agencies using American’s direct connect. Seats will be available for purchase from time of booking up until check-in. American intends to complete installation of Main Cabin Extra on the vast majority of its fleet within 18 months.
In addition to American’s Main Cabin Extra seating, the airline’s existing Preferred Seats product will continue to offer other desirable Main Cabin seats on a complimentary basis for all of American’s AAdvantage elite customers. Preferred Seats will also remain available for purchase by all other customers, and are complimentary for active U.S. military and their family members traveling on the same reservation. For more information on Preferred Seats, visit: www.AA.com/seats.
For more information on American’s fleet renewal program and Main Cabin Extra, visit www.AA.com/MainCabinExtra.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.