With the weather warming, AAA is looking ahead to a busy spring and summer of travel inside the U.S. According to a survey it conducted, nearly 100 million Americans plan to travel in 2019, with about half of those (53%) eyeing a road trip.
With the data, AAA shared its archive of travel tips for potential road-trippers as well as an incredibly comprehensive page that helps users build their next road trip from a list of 450+ itineraries. Each itinerary is paired with a map and driving directions, estimated time and mileage, a detailed list of stops (plus hotel and restaurant recommendations), photos, and more. You can use the search tool to find all itineraries that include a certain stop or landmark, or you can sort all 450+ by the part of the country they’re in (“Mid-Atlantic,” “Great Lakes,” etc.) and narrow in from there.
If you’re thinking about a road trip this year, or you’d simply like see more of America at some point, give it a look!
- Travel Tip of the Day: Create an Emergency Kit For Your Car
- How to Build a Better Roadtrip Itinerary
- 20 Stops to Make on a Cape Breton Road Trip
- Auto Insurance Guides
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,423!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.