One of my favorite things about traveling professionally is that I get to share my experiences with others. It’s a real passion of mine, particularly because I used to be afraid to not only fly but even leave the house at one point. By sharing my travels, I can show others that it is easy to do and hopefully motivate them. If I can do it, anyone can. As corny as it sounds, I truly believe that the more people travel, the less prejudice there will be, making the world a better place. However, one of the problems with sharing photos online, especially personal ones, is that they can be easily taken off the internet or social media and then repurposed—sometimes for nefarious reasons.
Believe it or not, I’ve received a ton of emails from people with links to dating sites or Facebook profiles that are using my photos with made-up names! These low-life criminals are using them to “catfish” women, pretending to have a lavish lifestyle to convince women to send them money “for a plane ticket to come visit them.” They obviously never come to visit, and that’s when the victims or their family members start investigating. More than once, a reverse photo search on Google has revealed that photos that scumbags like these are using really belong to me. It’s crazy! That’s why I’m slowly starting to watermark my photos. If I were just starting out now, I would watermark them all to make it that much more difficult for thieves to impersonate me. Of course, there are other benefits to watermarking photos, as well…
The best free watermark app for iOS I’ve found so far is called Watermark Photo made by Joel Chue. It has a 4.5 rating (out of five) in the Apple Store and has been rated by over 6,000 people. It’s impressive and easy to use. Just download the app, pick the photo you want to watermark, choose the font/size/location, name the watermark, and voila. Here’s an example of mine in an action shot that I took of my son throwing up on my wife (!) on a recent flight.
There’s a pro version for $29.99 a year or $4.99 a month, but I just use the free version.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.