As part of our recent magical journey to Thailand, my wife Jeanette discovered a truly amazing villa for rent in the beach resort city of Hua Hin, situated on the Gulf of Thailand.
Villa Niyala is a sprawling 15,000-square-foot villa featuring ocean views, an infinity pool, a mega “lazy river” pool, a massage room, and a staff of two who stand ready to assist with cleaning, cooking and trips into town. It feels like living in the lap of luxury at prices that are surprisingly affordable, especially if you go with other couples and share rental costs.
Villa Niyala’s owners Sine and Adam (who are lovely, by the way) arranged for a driver to pick us up at our hotel in Bangkok and bring us out to Hua Hin, which is roughly a two-hour trip by car. Once we arrived at the villa, we were met by Aey and Puy, the house staff. They only speak a few words of English but with a little pantomime effort—plus an assist from Google Translate—we communicated without issues. Aey and Puy had already gone shopping on our behalf and made us a great dinner of pad Thai noodles along with chicken sautéed with holy basil. They also made a delicious breakfast for us every morning and would have made any other meals we requested had we not decided to try various restaurants around town (two of which were within an easy walk of Villa Niyala and serve great Thai food at very reasonable prices).
As you can see from the photos, Villa Niyala is downright stunning, and because we were there in the low season, we were often the only ones lounging at the infinity pool or on the beach the entire day. Aey and Puy also arranged to get us massages in the massage building that’s located right on the premises…can’t beat that!
Jeanette and I haven’t had a vacation lasting more than a couple of days since we met and married, so it was a total indulgence to spend seven full days at Villa Niyala, just lounging around, reading, taking naps, being completely lazy, and trying to stay away from laptops, phones, the internet, and social media as much as humanly possible. We also slept in several of the different bedrooms just to give them all a test drive.
Although it felt a little weird at first to have this giant property all to ourselves (another couple planned to join us but had to cancel at the last minute), we got used to it fast. The days went by in a blur and we totally recharged our batteries.
There are many websites, companies and individuals that offer homes for rent around the world (like Airbnb), and this trend will continue to gain steam because of the unique opportunities that come with staying in everything from city apartments to stunning palaces like Villa Niyala. I strongly suggest you investigate what’s available in this category wherever you’re planning your next vacation.
At the end of our seven days, we were truly sad to leave. However, we intend to head back to Villa Niyala for a return visit!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.