This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Air Canada Aeroplan is the newest Chase Ultimate Rewards travel partner. This addition brings the total number of 1:1 airline and hotel transfer partners to 14 loyalty programs for these three credit cards:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Plus the Chase Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Here are some things to know about the Air Canada Aeroplan and Chase partner addition.
Air Canada 1:1 Point Transfers
Eligible Chase credit cards can transfer Ultimate Rewards to Air Canada Aeroplan at a 1:1 ratio in 1,000 point increments.
You can redeem the airline miles for award flights on Air Canada or approximately 40 other airlines. Air Canada is part of the Star Alliance loyalty network. So, for example, you can also book partner flights on United Airlines or Singapore Airlines.
Award flights start at 6,000 miles.
Additionally, another valuable perk is adding stopovers on international journeys for as little as 5,000 miles. You can combine Aeroplan miles with other family members to book award flights sooner.
This point transfer addition can also be perfect timing for the partial reopening of the United States and Canadian border.
Fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents can begin traveling to Canada for non-essential travel as soon as September 7, 2021. The mandatory hotel quarantine is also going away for qualified travelers.
Additionally, as Aeroplan has several award charts, its Points Predictor tool can estimate the number of miles you need for a journey.
Upcoming Air Canada Credit Card
Additionally, Chase is also launching a co-brand Aeroplan Credit Card later in 2021. You can join the waitlist now and earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles above the signup offer you can earn.
However, you will need to join the waitlist before November 8, 2021, and apply for the card by February 15, 2022, to qualify for the additional 10,000 miles.
Chase Sapphire Preferred 100k Signup Bonus
If you’re new to the Chase Ultimate Rewards program or have the ability to transfer credit card points to your Aeroplan account, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card can be your best option.
The card is currently offering a 100,000 Ultimate Rewards signup bonus ($1,250 value) after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months. This is the highest bonus ever offered on the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card!
Some additional card benefits include:
- 1:1 point transfers to airlines and hotels
- 25% redemption bonus for award travel bookings on Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Trip protection benefits
- Primary rental car collision and theft coverage
- No foreign transaction fee
- $95 annual fee
Read more about all of the Chase Sapphire Preferred benefits, perks, and ways to redeem rewards and get more out of this top travel card in our Chase Sapphire Preferred review.
In conclusion, the Air Canada Aeroplan becoming a Chase partner is another option to get more value from your Ultimate Rewards, whether you fly domestically or book an international flight. The budding Chase and Aeroplan relationship will be exciting to watch as well.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred & Ink Business Preferred: Can You Have Both?
- The Best Limited-Time Credit Card Offers
- Jaw-Dropping Chase Ultimate Rewards Points Review
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.