This week’s airline and airport news:
- U.S. airlines tell crews not to force passengers to wear masks
- Air Travel Is Going to Be Very Bad, for a Very Long Time
- Airline trade group OK with temperature checks: Is this really going to work? Passengers will just pop Tylenol or often times (supposedly) the virus doesn’t give some people fevers.
- Boeing CEO predicts coronavirus pandemic will claim a major U.S. airline. He didn’t name names.
- Richard Branson to sell up to $500 million in Virgin Galactic shares to help his other businesses
- The Airline Business Is Terrible. It Will Probably Get Even Worse.
- Some airlines sent their aircraft to storage sites and some straight into retirement. Here is a list of retired aircraft.
- Avianca Files for Bankruptcy as LatAm Skies Stay Closed
- Frontier Airlines will drop open-seat fee that drew attacks
- Chinese carriers restart their engines
- What It’s Like Working As a Flight Attendant During COVID-19
- United’s New Refund Policy Is An “Unfair and Deceptive Practice’ Per DOT Guidance
- Ryanair to resume flights by 1 July with new rules for passengers
- Major Pay Cuts Needed to Keep Icelandair in Business
- Southwest and American Airlines Will Resume Some International Flights
- Virgin Atlantic to cut 3,000 jobs and quit Gatwick
- Lithuanian International Airport Turned Into Drive-In Cinema
- Germany’s Stuttgart Airport (STR) is hosting several one-on-one concerts in an empty terminal
- Temperature checks, masks the new normal for air travel, says Dubai airport CEO
- By the end of June, the Lufthansa Group airlines plan to offer around 1,800 weekly roundtrips to more than 130 destinations worldwide.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.