This week’s airline and airport news:
- Virgin plane turns back after it emerges first officer had not completed test
- Ryanair load factor tops 90% for first time since COVID-19 began
- FAA to increase Florida air traffic controllers, work with airlines to avoid more flight disruptions in state
- Southwest offers free Wi-Fi on some flights to test service upgrades
- Testing out Play airlines, a new ‘budget’ option for flights to Europe
- EasyJet cutting seats: How else could airline staff shortages affect flights and summer holidays?
- ‘Chaos’ at Manchester and Birmingham airports as travellers face long queues
Last week’s airline and airport news:
- Avianca, low-cost carrier Viva to merge
- You can now get to LaGuardia Airport for free all year long
- International travel surging at LAX
- Buttigieg: 5G, FAA Interference Issue Won’t Be Resolved by Summer
- United resumes flights between San Francisco and Melbourne
- Spirit’s Questionable Move to Shun JetBlue for Frontier
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.