Great news for football fans! Three airlines have added extra flights to Phoenix for Super Bowl XLIX.
jetBlue Airways was the first to add an extra flight to Phoenix from Boston to give New England Patriots fans more options to make it to the big game. On top of the normal schedule of daily BOS-PHX service, seats are now available on the new flights below:
January 30, 2015
BOS – PHX
8:23 am – 12:24 pm
February 2, 2015
PHX – BOS
11:30 am – 6:10 pm
After Seattle’s amazing comeback Alaska Airlines has added two roundtrip flights between Seattle and Phoenix:
|Date||City Pair||Departure||Arrival||Aicraft type|
|Jan. 30||Seattle-Phoenix||1:30 pm||5:08 pm||737-900ER|
|Jan. 30||Phoenix-Seattle||5:55 pm||7:55 pm||737-900ER|
|Feb. 2||Seattle-Phoenix||5:55 pm||9:37 pm||737-900ER|
|Feb. 2||Phoenix-Seattle||10:25 pm||12:25 am||737-900ER|
Flight times based on local time zones.
Surprisingly, United Airlines has added 55 flights on 8 routes for football fans on top of regularly scheduled flights to Phoenix from its hubs in Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, and San Francisco. The airline also added special new nonstop service, operating Jan 29 – Feb 2, from Boston and Seattle to Phoenix for the big game. Several of the flights will be operated with Boeing 767 aircraft to accommodate the extra demand. The additional flights are available for sale starting today for travel between Jan 29 – Feb 2.
Southwest Airlines is adding more nonstop flights and connections between Seattle and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Boston and Manchester and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. The additional flights will only be offered between January 29 and February 2 to handle the anticipated increase in travelers.
Delta Air Lines has added nonstop service from Phoenix to Boston, Los Angeles and Seattle and has put larger aircraft on select flights from Seattle to Phoenix to accommodate customers traveling to and from the pro football championship game.The temporary service will operate as follows:
|DL 8785||Phoenix (PHX)||Boston (BOS)||Feb. 2, 2015|
|DL 8789||Phoenix (PHX)||Los Angeles (LAX)||Feb. 2, 2015|
|DL 8799||Phoenix (PHX)||Seattle (SEA)||Feb. 2, 2015|
6. US Airways/American
US Airways (American Airlines) is adding one extra round-trip flight from both Seattle and Boston.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.