Flying to Iceland in the coming weeks to months? Following the cancellation of all WOW Air flights (here’s what to do if you were booked on a WOW flight), there’s now another potential travel hiccup to be aware of. From the U.K.’s travel advisory page on Iceland:
“As wage negotiations continue with some unions in Iceland, there may be disruptions to bus and coach services between Keflavik International Airport and Reykjavik due to planned industrial action. This is likely to last 48 to 72 hours at a time throughout Spring 2019 and other airports in Iceland may also be affected. Before travelling, you should contact the bus or coach company you intend to travel with for the latest information and factor in any possible delays to your journey time. Taxis will continue to operate, but are expensive.”
Unless you rent a car at the airport or have arranged private pick-up, bus service to Reykjavik (about 45 minutes) is likely a part of your journey (see: An Afternoon in Reykjavik to Watch the World Cup). Make sure to know what you’re in for before you arrive.
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.