When it rains it pours! Alaska Airlines is joining the ranks of United, Delta and American Airlines in announcing this week that they’re eliminating change fees on all domestic and international tickets, effective immediately. As you probably know, Southwest Airlines has never had these obnoxious change fees.
Alaska Airlines and its regional partners serve more than 115 destinations across the USA and North America and has hubs in Anchorage, Los Angeles, Portland, San Francisco and Seattle.
The new change fee policy applies to all tickets, except for Saver fares (their version of Basic Economy). Previously, Alaska’s change fee of $125 applied to all non-Saver travel, except for guests traveling on refundable tickets and Mileage Plan top elite status members.
During the pandemic, Alaska is also extending its flexible travel policy for all new ticket purchases, including Saver fares through Dec. 31, 2020.
This is great news and I assume JetBlue will be next to announce that they’re dropping their change fees.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.