Yes, that’s right…Las Vegas is at the top off the list of Valentine’s Day destinations this year!
A fun review of Valentine’s Day travel plans as polled by travel insurance provider Allianz Global Assistance revealed 2016’s most popular domestic destination for the big weekend, and Las Vegas came in first. After Vegas, travelers ranked New York as the second-most popular city in which to spend Valentine’s Day. Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles followed on the list, respectively. Between February 12 and February 15 Allianz reviewed more than 27,000 trips planned by its customers for the report.
Another tip for the guys (or ladies) pulling out all the stops to impress their partners this Valentine’s Day: Go to Los Angeles! The Allianz Global review crowned Los Angeles as the most expensive destination. Specifically, Allianz Global said Los Angeles is the most expensive “for a night on the town including a dozen roses, romantic prix fixe steak dinner, symphony tickets and a two-night hotel stay.”
Meanwhile, international travelers said Cancun is at the top of their lists, followed by Toronto, Montreal, Cabo San Lucas (Mexico), Mexico City, San Juan (Puerto Rico), Puerto Vallarta (Mexico), Vancouver, Punta Cana (DR), and Montego Bay (Jamaica).
“Whether couples are headed to the bright lights of Las Vegas or the warm beaches of Cancun, they should protect their investment with travel insurance in case something unexpected should occur,” said Joe Mason, Chief Marketing Officer at Allianz Global Assistance. “Most travelers do not picture their dreamy, romantic vacation being ruined by unforeseen problems and delays.”
It makes sense. Do you want to be the person that ruins the special Valentine’s Day with your loved one? You really never know when something could go wrong, so protecting yourself should be an important consideration.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.