Good news, students: Allianz Global Assistance‘s ScholarTrips initiative has launched its annual video and essay contest! Students over the age of 14 are invited to enter to win one of six $2,500 study abroad scholarships—or one of 30 Amazon gift cards worth $50. Here’s what you—or your child, nephew/friend, etc.—need to know:
How to enter:
Students must submit a 500-word essay or a 60-to-90-second video (WMV, MOV or MP4) that answers the question: What inspires you to travel abroad? Essays and videos can be submitted on this page.
The contest will run from October 10 through November 10, 2016. Winners will be announced on December 15, 2016.
…on the contest page.
The goal of this year’s contest is to prop open the door to the global classroom a little wider, which is nothing new for Allianz. In the interest of facilitating educational, mind-opening travel experiences for US students, Allianz has given away more than $100,000 in travel scholarships since 2004.
“We believe that some of the best educational opportunities happen outside of the classroom, such as in international exchange programs that promote travel, cultural understanding and personal growth. ScholarTrips can help students enrich their lives through these experiences and make travel dreams a reality,” said Joe Mason, Chief Marketing Officer of Allianz Global Assistance USA.
One final note: To make sure more students are aware of this year’s contest, Allianz is empowering travel agents with the tools to promote it. Those tools—plus more info—are here.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.