Do you have kids? Do they or might they go to overnight camp or a day camp? Allianz Global Assistance—which provides insurance to 25 million customers annually—has partnered up with My Online Camp to offer a new and sports camp-focused travel insurance policy. It will be available with registration for camps and events that use the My Online Camp platform, on which 17,500 events are listed each year.
The Camp Protector policy is predicted to cost less than 6% of a camp registration fee. Versions of Camp Protector/Overnight Camp Protector will cover:
- 100% of camp registration fees for a covered camp cancellation or interruption up to $10,000 (included are injury or illness to the camper or a close family member, family employment issues, transportation delays, military/family/legal obligations, and weather emergencies)
- Losses caused by travel delays (up to $500 with a daily limit of $150)
- Medical or dental emergencies (up to $10,000)
- Emergency medical transportation (up to $50,000)
- Baggage loss (up to $500)
- Replacement of essential items when baggage is delayed 24 hours or more (up to $200)
- 24/7 assistance
“We know that nobody expects to have to cancel their participation in camp or leave camp unexpectedly, but sometimes an injury, illness or other unforeseen problem may cause a camper to cancel,” said Andy Priestley, Co-Founder and CEO of My Online Camp. “We are pleased to partner with Allianz to offer insurance that will provide a full refund of the registration fee when a camper or participant has to cancel for a reason covered by the policy.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.