A new survey by Allianz Travel Insurance confirms that terrorist attacks are a big factor in travel right now, with almost a quarter (22%) of Americans reporting that they will (or have already thought to) cancel, delay, relocate, change, or reconsider travel plans as a result of terrorism concerns. The survey also showed that 86% of Americans are concerned about attacks occurring while they’re on vacation in various regions of the world.
Of the 22% of Americans who say the climate has changed their plans internationally, most were traveling to Europe (42%), with the rest planning on Asia (29%), Latin America (26%), Australia and the South Pacific (26%), the Middle East (22%), or Africa (21%).
However, Allianz analyzed flight bookings to Europe during the summer and found a 10% overall increase compared to last summer.
“What we’re seeing is that the American traveler is a complex demographic that shares common fears and concerns, but deviate greatly on where they find those fears and how they face them,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications at Allianz Global Assistance.
“But we’re pleased to see that whatever those differences are, one thing that remains consistent is that they are finding ways to follow their passion of seeing the world despite the challenges that come with traveling in a time of terror.”
Allianz Global Assistance offers insurance to help travelers continue to travel but with an extra peace of mind. Allianz offers insurance through major US airlines, travel agents, online travel agencies, and directly—as with my plan.
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.