This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
One of the most exciting shopping events is here once again. Amazon Prime Day offers exclusive deals to Prime members on October 13 and 14. Having the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card can unlock additional savings.
The information for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Earning points and miles on Amazon Prime Day is a great way to take care of some holiday or personal shopping while also maximizing your purchases and savings. As there are many great deals in a variety of categories, it’s easy to check off a number of items on your shopping list.
Up to 25% Back on Purchases
The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa pays a standard 5% back on Amazon.com and Whole Foods purchases. During the Prime Day 2020 extravaganza, cardmembers get an extra 20% back (25% back total) on participating items:
- Ring products
- AmazonBasics kitchenware
- Digital gaming
- Yamaha musical instruments
- AmazonBasics supplies
Other select toys, electronics (including some of the best noise-canceling headphones), home, and kitchen products earn a total of 10% back.
In addition to saving money on physical merchandise, you can save on select gift cards. For instance, PlayStation Store, Xbox Live Gold, and Nintendo eStore cards qualify for 25% back.
These promotions are valid from October 12-18, 2020. Some of the best discounts end early in the week so you should visit the deals page soon.
$100 Amazon Gift Card Signup Bonus
Now can also be a good time to apply for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa as the signup bonus is now $100 (previously $70). You get a $100 Amazon gift card when Chase approves your card application by October 31, 2020.
No minimum purchase is necessary to earn the $100 signup bonus but the credit can only be used for merchandise purchases. You won’t be able to use the bonus cash to buy gift cards.
If you’re not a Prime member yet, you can join Prime and then apply for the Amazon Prime Visa. When applying, Chase links your Amazon account to determine which Amazon credit card you qualify for and which bonus you can receive.
Other Amazon Prime Card Benefits
The Amazon Prime Visa offers these daily shopping perks:
- 5% back on Amazon.com and Whole Foods purchases
- 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores
- 1% back on everything else
There are no annual fee or foreign transaction fees. You can redeem your shopping rewards on future Amazon purchases. It’s also possible to redeem your rewards for cash back, travel, and gift cards on Chase.com. You must be an Amazon Prime member to qualify for the Prime Visa.
Other benefits come standard with the Chase Visa Signature credit cards such as travel accident insurance and baggage delay insurance. Eligible purchases can get an extra year of extended warranty protection and purchase protection of up to $500 per claim (up to $50,000 per year).
Non-Prime members can also enjoy extra cash back on Amazon purchases with the Amazon Rewards Visa Card:
- 3% back on Amazon.com and Whole Foods purchases
- 2% back at gas stations, restaurants, and drugstores
- 1% back on all other purchases
The signup bonus is a $50 Amazon gift card. There isn’t an annual fee or foreign transaction fee.
The information for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Related: Best Cash Back Credit Cards
Take Advantage of the Amazon Prime Card Benefits for Prime Day
Current Amazon Prime Visa cardmembers can save an extra 25% on select items that other Prime members won’t enjoy when paying with a non-Amazon credit card. If you have a Prime Visa, you may miss out on the extra savings for Prime Day 2020 but can get a limited-time $100 Amazon signup bonus.
- 14 Best Travel Products For 2020: Electronics, Luggage, and More
- Best Credit Cards for Groceries in 2020
- The Best TUMI Backpacks
- The Best Travel Credit Cards In October 2020
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.