This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Maybe you have been using Amazon since its early days or maybe you’re one of the newest members. Either way, you might be able to save an easy $20 at Amazon if you have an American Express credit card. This is one of the best one-time promotions to save money at Amazon.
Amazon With American Express Promotion: Spend $50, Get $20
You might be familiar with the Amex Offers program that provides curated discounts. However, unlike those exclusive offers, you don’t have to opt-in, be targeted, or hold a specific Amex credit card. This limited-time offer gives you a $20 credit for an Amazon.com purchase.
These are the three steps to get your $20 Amazon credit:
- Spend at least $50 at Amazon.com by July 22 with any American Express consumer card
- Receive an order confirmation email containing a reward link to claim your $20 credit
- Redeem your $20 credit on your next Amazon Moments purchase by August 22
To qualify for the credit, you must spend at least $50 in items that Amazon sells and ships. Items you buy from third-party vendors may not qualify toward the $50 purchase minimum.
This offer does have a somewhat quick turnaround requirement. You must make a qualifying purchase by July 22, 2020, with your Amex consumer card. Then, you will need to make a purchase at Amazon Moments by August 22, 2020.
What Doesn’t Qualify?
You can read the offer terms and conditions here to make sure you qualify for this offer.
Here is a quick list of items and purchase types that don’t count toward the $50 order minimum:
- Amazon e-gift cards
- 1-Click orders
- Purchases made with an Amazon business credit card
- Items you purchase and return for a refund
- Shipping items to multiple addresses (the qualifying order must ship to the same address)
- Taxes and shipping charges (The total item costs must exceed $50)
As Amazon sells almost anything you need, this promotion can be easier to qualify for than other purchases.
In addition to the $20 Amazon Moments shopping offer, there’s another way to save money at Amazon this summer. Amazon.com and Whole Foods purchases are the Chase Freedom’s 5% bonus category from July through September. You get 5% back on the first $1,500 in combined quarterly purchases to get 7,500 Chase Ultimate Rewards points that you can redeem for travel, cash, and gift card rewards.
- Best Credit Cards for After Travel Restrictions Are Lifted
- Best Credit Cards for Groceries
- What is Chase’s New “Pay Yourself Back” feature?
Have your own tip? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,740!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.