American Airlines has introduced these fun, limited-edition throwback amenity kits for premium cabin flyers on international and transcontinental flights commemorating the early days of commercial aviation. This is part of the airline’s recently announced #goingforgreat plan to spend $2 billion improving its passenger experience.
The amenity kits pay tribute to the nine airlines that formed today’s American Airlines by using their colors and logos. TWA, AirCal, Reno Air, Allegheny, PSA, America West, US Airways, Piedmont, and even American itself are honored.
The contents of each kit are also revamped, with luxury toiletry products from the New York-based, eco-friendly beauty brand red flower now included. And the stylish felt case can even be reused as a mini-tablet computer case. The amenity kit has sure come a long way from the generic toothpaste and emery boards used back in the day.
In international business
International business class kits contain a pair of socks and an eye mask styled with the colors of a specific airline, a toothbrush and toothpaste, mouthwash, covers for Bose noise-cancelling headsets provided with each seat, earplugs, a pen, tissues and hand lotion, lip balm, and wipes.
In transcontinental first class
Transcontinental first class kits contain socks, an eye mask with airline branding, a toothbrush and toothpaste, earplugs, and the trio of red flower products.
Travelers can snag a new American Airlines amenity kit through January 2016 when they fly international business class or transcontinental first class with the airline.
Regardless of whether you’re old enough to remember the airlines of the past, how can you not want to get your hands on one of these historic aviation mementos?
Photos: American Airlines
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.