As soon as Cuba and the US reach an agreement, American Airlines stands ready to offer service to Havana, Cuba’s José Martí International Airport (HAV) from LAX. The airline just announced a new charter service to Havana, the first non-stop service to Cuba from the west coast. The flight will operate on Saturdays on one of American’s 737s and will be available to purchase through Cuba Travel Services.
“The flight between LAX and Havana marks a historic step forward in Los Angeles’ budding relationship with Cuba,” said Mayor Eric Garcetti.
“This new charter service shows how we expand our reach to provide new routes and services that our customers in Los Angeles want,” said American Airlines Senior Vice President Art Torno. “We’ll be ready to offer Angelenos regular scheduled service to Cuba as soon as the United States and Cuba reach agreement.”
Including its new Havana route, American Airlines will offer 24 weekly flights to five Cuban destinations from the US: Camagüey, Cienfuegos, Havana, Holguin, and Santa Clara from Miami, Tampa, and Los Angeles. The airlines already operates up to 150 daily flights to more than 30 destinations in the Caribbean.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.