Natalie, Jack and I flew from Toronto (YYZ) to New York’s JFK on American Airlines. Usually, we fly to LGA but the JFK flight was much cheaper. We showed up to Pearson International Airport extra early since the US Department of Homeland Security last week announced new security measures on air travel to the United States from over a hundred countries, including Canada. I wasn’t sure how long the lines would be and if travelers had to take out their electronics larger than a cell phone out to get doubled checked but there was none of that. It was the same as in the past.
Since we had so much extra time we went out checked out the brand spanking new Admirals Club which opened last week. Below are my pics…
After security, then U.S. immigration and the Duty Free shop you will find the hallway (under construction) to the gates and lounge.
Unlike the old Admirals Club this one is on the second floor and requires you to take an elevator. I didn’t see a stairwell.
Entrance to the Admirals Club
Admirals Club Check-In
First look of the Admirals Club
All these seats have power outlets too…
Love the new look (it’s now pretty much universal at all the clubs) and the soda machine.
These new Coke machines have so many flavors to choose from and this is just the Diet Coke screen! Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke, anyone?
The snacks offered at lunch time
Chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin or brownies
Admirals Club Bar
Admirals Club Men’s Bathroom (one urinal and one toilet)
Toronto themed artwork
Newspapers and magazines.
Bottom line the new Admirals Club at Toronto’s Pearson Airport is a huge improvement. The food, service and amenities are all solid and it’s a fantastic place to pass time while waiting for your flight.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.