All the stars! We’ve been named a Five Star Global Airline by @theAPEXassoc — ratings are based on feedback by more than one million customers in five categories: seat comfort, cabin service, food and beverage, entertainment and Wi-Fi. Way to go #AATeam! pic.twitter.com/Z0NCNZNJ1P
— American Airlines (@AmericanAir) September 13, 2019
I’m not trying to be mean but come on … yesterday, was Friday the 13th not April 1st. I couldn’t bite my lip on this one and had to reply because anyone who has ever flown AA knows this must be a scam of a survey.
I’m not knocking American Airlines for publicizing the survey results but they should know better, that there is no way this is true. I understand many surveys are biased but this one takes the cake. The Apex organization just lost a lot of credibility because when someone makes a claim as crazy as this, then you know you can’t trust them.
I fly American Airlines all the time and I can tell you there’s not a chance any passenger would give it 5 stars unless the ranking was out of 10 stars. I’m not saying this to be mean, it’s just a fact. Have I had 5-star experiences on American Airlines? Absolutely.
But it’s only when I fly on one of the carrier’s lie-flat seats and use their Flagship Lounge.
The WiFi is fantastic on some of the planes (the ones with Viasat) but it’s terrible on the ones (like the 777) that use Panasonic.
The entertainment is solid but the flight attendants are hit and miss and sadly, usually the latter. Most don’t even greet you when you step on the plane and I can’t really blame them since they don’t get paid until the door closes and the plane pushes back from the gate.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.