All the stars! We’ve been named a Five Star Global Airline by @theAPEXassoc — ratings are based on feedback by more than one million customers in five categories: seat comfort, cabin service, food and beverage, entertainment and Wi-Fi. Way to go #AATeam! pic.twitter.com/Z0NCNZNJ1P
— American Airlines (@AmericanAir) September 13, 2019
I’m not trying to be mean but come on … yesterday, was Friday the 13th not April 1st. I couldn’t bite my lip on this one and had to reply because anyone who has ever flown AA knows this must be a scam of a survey.
I’m not knocking American Airlines for publicizing the survey results but they should know better, that there is no way this is true. I understand many surveys are biased but this one takes the cake. The Apex organization just lost a lot of credibility because when someone makes a claim as crazy as this, then you know you can’t trust them.
I fly American Airlines all the time and I can tell you there’s not a chance any passenger would give it 5 stars unless the ranking was out of 10 stars. I’m not saying this to be mean, it’s just a fact. Have I had 5-star experiences on American Airlines? Absolutely.
But it’s only when I fly on one of the carrier’s lie-flat seats and use their Flagship Lounge.
The WiFi is fantastic on some of the planes (the ones with Viasat) but it’s terrible on the ones (like the 777) that use Panasonic.
The entertainment is solid but the flight attendants are hit and miss and sadly, usually the latter. Most don’t even greet you when you step on the plane and I can’t really blame them since they don’t get paid until the door closes and the plane pushes back from the gate.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.