This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
American Express Platinum Card and Centurion Card members can now enjoy complimentary access to the Munich and Frankfurt Lufthansa airport lounges. This new Global Lounge Collection benefit begins June 1, 2018, and ends May 31, 2019, for Munich and March 31 for Frankfurt.
Similar to visiting Delta Sky Clubs for free, you must have an active Lufthansa ticket to visit either of these locations compliments of American Express.
How Does the American Express Lufthansa Lounge Benefit Work?
To access the Lufthansa Lounge locations in Munich and Frankfurt, you must own one of the following rewards credit cards:
- Platinum Card from American Express
- Centurion Card from American Express
- Amex Platinum Business Credit Cards like The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
You must also have an active flight itinerary on a Lufthansa group airline:
- Austrian Airlines
By meeting these two requirements, Lufthansa lets you access the Munich and Frankfurt First Class, Senator, and Business Lounges for free beginning June 1, 2018, and ending in mid-2019. Select Lufthansa lounges also allow premium American Express cardholders access for a fee too.
Centurion Cardholders Have Unlimited Lounge Access
Centurion cardholders have unlimited access to all three lounge classes (First Class, Senator, and Business Lounges) regardless of the ticket class.
Platinum Cardholders Have Access to Business and Senator Lounges
The Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders have unlimited access to the Business Lounges regardless of ticket class. However, they can only access the Senator Lounges when flying business class.
This restriction is applicable at the Frankfurt and Munich lounges.
Access the Lufthansa Frankfurt and Munich Lounges
Access to the Frankfurt and Munich lounges both begin on June 1, 2018. However, there are two different end dates in 2019:
- Frankfurt: Ends March 31, 2019
- Munich: Ends May 21, 2019
The Lufthansa Lounge Program benefit ends on the same dates for all Centurion and Platinum cardholders.
Frankfurt Lufthansa Lounge
Complimentary access at the Frankfurt Lufthansa lounge is valid until March 31, 2019.
The Frankfurt lounge is located in T1 Concourse B.
Munich Lufthansa Lounge
The Munich Lufthansa offer is valid until May 31, 2019.
You can access the Munich Lufthansa lounge in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport.
Lufthansa Lounge Program Benefits
If you foresee flying through either Frankfurt or Munich between now and mid-2019, you should strongly consider flying on Lufthansa so you can visit a Lufthansa Lounge.
Don’t forget the Platinum cardholders automatically get into either airport’s Business Lounges, and you can also enter the Senator lounge with a business class ticket. You will also enjoy a better food and beverage selection than the regular Lufthansa Business Lounge.
And if you’re a Centurion cardholder, try accessing the First Class lounge which is an exclusive lounge just for first class passengers.
Additional Global Lounge Collection Benefits
Although the Lufthansa lounge offer only goes through mid-2019, you can enjoy ongoing complimentary access to the following lounge networks as a premium American Express cardholder:
- American Express Centurion Lounge
- International American Express
- Delta Sky Club
- Priority Pass Select
- Airspace Lounge
- Escape Lounge US
- Plaza Premium
As always, The Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders will also enjoy 5x points on airfare purchases, an annual $200 air travel credit, and 1:1 point transfers.
Frankfurt and Munich are two high-traffic Lufthansa hubs that you can now get complimentary lounge access to from June 1, 2018, through May 31, 2019. Even though the premium American Express credit cards are already feature-rich, this is another cool benefit to keep in mind the next time you visit Frankfurt or Munich.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.