This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
It’s not every day you can save up to $50 on your next Amazon purchase. It’s possible with a limited time American Express Membership Rewards and Amazon offer. One Membership Reward point can be worth $50 in Amazon savings if you qualify for an invitation-only offer.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
(Expired) American Express Amazon Offer 2020
There are actually two offers you can try qualifying for. American Express Membership Rewards usually have a 0.7 cents redemption value for Amazon purchases. This can be one of the best Amazon offers you see this year.
American Express offers some of the best credit cards for travel. Cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express (also one of the best metal credit cards) offer cardholders flexibility in their spending. Alternatively, co-brand credit cards, such as the Hilton Honors cards or the Delta credit cards offer perks related to their brands.
Up to $40 Amazon Savings
This is an invitation-only offer. You will need to see if you qualify first. You can quickly find out here. The two limited-time offers are:
- $40 off a $100+ Amazon purchase
- $20 off a $50+ Amazon purchase
If you qualify for a discount, you will need to find qualifying items sold directly from Amazon. Items from third-party sellers won’t qualify.
It might a scavenger hunt to find products that qualify for the savings. The quickest way to find eligible items is to buy gift cards. For instance, Whole Foods and Starbucks gift cards might qualify for the savings but $100 of Amazon gift cards won’t.
Once you find qualifying items, choose to pay with Membership Rewards for at least some of the purchase total.
You only need to spend one Membership Rewards point to get the instant savings.
If you want, you can pay for the rest of the purchase with cash.
It appears this offer expires on March 31, 2020, or after the first 200,000 offers are claimed. You will need to act quickly to reserve your spot for this American Express Amazon offer.
If you don’t qualify for the $20 or $40 Amazon savings offer, there’s a chance you might get 20% off your next purchase (up to $50 savings). You will also need to check to see if you qualify. Check your eligibility status here for this American Express Amazon offer.
Similar to the first offer, only products and gift cards sold directly from Amazon are eligible.
Amazon instantly applies your savings directly to your current shopping session even when you only spend one Membership Reward.
This offer appears to expire on February 29, 2020, or after the first 80,000 qualifying shoppers claim the discount.
Take Advantage of This American Express Amazon Offer 2020
These American Express-Amazon offers don’t come around often. If you qualify, this is one of the easiest ways to reload a gift card balance or scratch items off your shopping list.
H/T The Points Guy
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.