Today’s flying experience is a fluid one when it comes to comfort. Airlines are constantly making changes to their seats, and entertainment, and food, to the point that you can almost forget about the good portion of the experience you spend on the ground. Well, with the announcement that a credit card company is opening its second luxurious airport lounge in just a few days, it’s clear that that too is evolving.
American Express’ new 9,000 square foot Centurion Lounge will open its doors in DFW’s Terminal D next Tuesday, October 15, 2013. Here’s what to expect in terms of the experience:
- Card-related and travel-related services like reservations with restaurants, airlines and hotels
- Complimentary spa therapies (like 15-minute treatments such as flow, fusion or deep tissue massage, facials and manicures) from the award-winning exhale
- Southwestern cuisine from local celebrity chef Dean Fearing, creator of Fearing’s Restaurant in Dallas and named by the James Beard Foundation as Best Chef: Southwest
- A Texas-inspired signature cocktail created by renowned mixologist Jim Meehan or a glass of wine from a selection curated by Anthony Giglio
- Access to Wi-Fi as well as use of personal computers and noise-buffering workspaces
- Open 5:30 am to 10 pm
Because it’s an American Express lounge, only America Express cardholders will have access. Entry will be complimentary for Platinum and Centurion members and will cost $50 for all other AmEx cardholders.
Here’s the Centurion Lounge website, which as of posting only has information on the first lounge location Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (LAS).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.