This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Most travel credit cards are giving you more ways to earn bonus points while we stay home. One of the latest bonus offers comes from American Express. American Express is giving you three ways to earn up to 10x Marriott Bonvoy bonus points on select purchases. Anyone with a personal or business American Express Marriott branded card qualifies for this limited-time offer that expires October 31, 2020.
Who is Eligible For the American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bonus?
American Express states this limited-time promotion is for eligible cardholders with these cards:
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
- The Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
Qualifying members will receive an email stating the offer details. You can also activate these promotions in the Amex Offers dashboard on the American Express website or mobile app.
Related: Best Marriott Credit Cards
What Earns 10x Marriott Bonvoy Points?
It’s possible to earn up to 10 Bonvoy points per $1 on these purchases:
- U.S. gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- Marriott Bonvoy hotels (on eligible purchases at participating hotels)
You earn 10x points on the first $7,500 in spending for each category between August 3, 2020, and October 31, 2020. It’s possible to earn 225,000 Bonvoy points if you maximize each category. All excess spending above $7,500 per category earns the standard award rate.
It can be easier to earn bonus points than you think during your daily routine. For instance, you can pay with your American Express Bonvoy card for gas and food on your next road trip. And if you happen to stay overnight, you can pay cash for your hotel nights or on-site purchases if you don’t have enough points.
Of course, you will continue to earn bonus points on your standard Bonvoy credit card purchase categories.
You may remember that American Express has other limited-time bonuses for its many travel credit cards. It’s possible to earn bonus points on food delivery, groceries, and streaming services. Premium credit cards, including the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card, apply the $300 Marriott travel credit to U.S. restaurant purchases during June, July, and August 2020.
Related: Best Hotel Credit Cards
This limited-time Marriott Bonvoy bonus is an easy way to keep earning hotel points whether you stay home or plan a summer road trip. You have more points to redeem for award nights once you travel again with one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programs.
- Best Credit Cards for Eating At Home
- Cash Back vs Travel Rewards Credit Cards
- Latest Incentives for Travel and Travel Card Spending: August 2020
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.