American Airlines and Canadian carrier WestJet Airlines are introducing reciprocal frequent flier opportunities. Members of the American Airlines AAdvantage program and WestJet’s WestJet Rewards program can earn AAdvantage miles or WestJet dollars when traveling on flights operated by the other airline.
“We’re thrilled to begin this frequent flier partnership, which is a first for WestJet,” said Marshall Wilmot, WestJet’s Vice President – Product and Distribution. “This agreement represents the natural evolution of our strong codeshare relationship with American Airlines. We’re confident WestJet Rewards members will enjoy earning WestJet dollars faster as they fly with this valuable airline partner.”
Currently, the two airlines’ cooperative relationship provides American’s customers with codeshare service on 43 routes operated by WestJet, and provides WestJet’s customers with codeshare service on 61 routes operated by American and American Eagle. Through this codeshare agreement, the two airlines serve Canada from all five of American’s key hubs of Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles, Miami, and New York.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.