Not long ago, I wrote a post titled: 8 Ways To Make Sure An Airline Doesn’t Lose Your Bag … And That You Don’t Get Robbed or Stalked. It outlines all the ways to keep your belongings safe.
Well, thanks to reader Michael R. for sending over this important tip for cruise and tour group passengers: “Never completely trust the cruise lines’ EZcheck system. Third party contractors are involved. On a cruise line, don’t put your bag out early in the hall the night before disembarkation. It’s an invitation for theft. Ditto for motor coach hosted trips for bags out in the morning. Consider putting a less expensive TILE tracker inside your bag. Be watchful in the cruise line baggage claim room. Many bags look alike and your bag could easily find a way to disappear accidentally or on purpose.”
Michael is absolutely right and I’ve always been amazed seeing passengers line up their bags the night before outside of their cabin doors. I almost always pack light so I just carry my bags on and off the ship. If you do pack a large or heavy bag then, only put dirty clothes in there and nothing of value. That way, if someone does have sneaky fingers, they won’t get much and nothing of great value.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.